It is time. Your garden is flourishing. Your local Farmer’s Market is buzzing. Let’s dig in. Let’s make those things that we’ll daydream about in the -2o degree winter. Ice cold, garlicy, crispy, crunchy pickles.
This is the absolute easiest recipe. You don’t can these. You don’t cook them. You just mix up canning salt and vinegar in a bowl and pour it over a jar crammed with fresh cucumber, garlic and dill. Let sit for 12 hours on your counter, pop them in the fridge and that’s it. Will you just trust me? These are perfect, alright?
- Cucumbers, sliced, speared or whole
- 8 cloves of garlic, sliced
- fresh dill
- 1/3 cup canning salt
- 2 cups vinegar
- 4 cups cold water
- Stuff 4 large mason jars with cucumber, dill and garlic.
- Mix all of your brine ingredients in a bowl until the salt seems dissolved
- Pour brine over your jars to cover the contents
- Cover and let it sit at room temp for 12 hours or overnight.
- Pop them in the fridge and enjoy!
- When you are all out of pickles, just slice up some more cucumbers and stuff them in your jar and in 12 more hours, you'll have more pickles!